Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Frankie Kerr passionate about his consulting role with Renegade Sprint Series – The Patriot-News

Latest post from Evan Vitale Consulting -

It doesn’t matter that Frankie Kerr left Sprint Car racing and headed south 15 years ago for a career in NASCAR.


In dirt-track circles, he still commands respect.


It’s not just the 53 All Star Circuit of Champions wins and four series titles. Or the 32 wins in central Pennsylvania, 16 of which came at Selinsgrove Speedway.


Kerr is old school. He has a working knowledge and passion for doing what is best for the sport, which is appreciated by fans and something that the upstart Renegade Sprint Series is hoping to capitalize on moving forward.


Shane Helms and the Renegade brass have brought Kerr on as a consultant, not necessarily as a series director. Although that could change in the future when the 54-year-old is done with his NASCAR obligations.


“It’s hard to believe that I’ve been out of Sprint Car racing for 15 years,” said Kerr in an interview with PennLive. “A few friends of mine said they needed some advice on what to do and what not to do.


“I said, ‘Sure, I will help any way I can.’ Maybe down the road, I will slip in there, but I want this thing to go the right direction. I want to make sure from now, moving forward, that they don’t make bad decisions.


“This organization is for the racers, and I want to help build Sprint Car racing back up any way I can.”


Kerr is still committed to NASCAR. He left Front Row Motorsports four weeks ago and is between jobs, but he expects to be locked into a position soon.


As far as how long he plans to continue with NASCAR, he is unsure. It could be six months, a year or longer.


But that doesn’t make him any less enthusiastic about his role with the Renegade Sprint Series. He has an open-door policy as far as answering questions and is eager to help with sponsorship, booking shows and anything else that is needed.


“I’m there for all the questions,” Kerr said. “I’m not on the payroll. I don’t work for them. Hopefully someday I will.


“No one is getting rich with [the Renegades]. These guys are doing this thing out of heart and their own pocket to get an organization for racers.”


Continued Kerr, “The people behind this are good people that aren’t out for the almighty dollar and are here for Sprint Car racing as a whole. There are a lot of racers, good racers, that want to see Sprint Car racing get back to its prime, and I want to help them make it strong.”


Kerr has strong thoughts about what is needed for success. Remember, he is cut from an old school cloth.


It’s about honoring your commitments to drivers and teams. Paying a good purse and point fund, as well as giving the fans a good product.


“I see a lot of guys trying to make a living and can’t because it’s not working, they aren’t getting paid or there aren’t enough good races,” Kerr said.


“I would like to get that built back up again so people can do what they love. I want to bring it back to what it used to be.


“In my heart, I would like to be in Sprint Car racing tomorrow. In reality, I’m committed to this job and love NASCAR, but I still think I can help Sprint Car racing and the this series get bigger and better where I’m at now.”




Source


Powered by WPeMatico


Share and Enjoy


FacebookTwitterDeliciousLinkedInStumbleUponAdd to favoritesEmailRSS

The post Frankie Kerr passionate about his consulting role with Renegade Sprint Series – The Patriot-News appeared first on Evan Vitale Consulting Blog.






from Evan Vitale Consulting Blog http://ift.tt/1AfU7T5

No comments:

Post a Comment